Monday, January 8, 2007

First post, first blog, first submission to the digital world.

I don't blog. I don't like bloggers. I don't like the trendy receipt attached to each and every web log post. Of course, there are exceptions to my distaste; a certain new media requirement, for example. This requirement states: Josh Paul will blog, and blog often. Just don't expect to get too much out of it; I tend to leave my personal opinions about school and life in general to my person in a real journal.

I guess I just don't like how connected everyone has become to everyone else. I mean, sure there have been advances in technology and communication because of the internet and everyone's addiction to it on one hand, but we've all become dilluted and dillusional on the other. No one is special or significant or original or unique in the world we've created for ourselves. The digital revolution has brought about a large pasture for all of us to graze in. We've affected our media and people's perception of it, our music and people's appreciation of it, our personalities and people's lack thereof...

Ironic that you'd find me in a digital new media program.

I also love art. The purest form of human creativity exists in art, I think. Pulling something directly out of your subconscious and transferring it (albeit sometimes slightly different than you imagine) is the only really true example of who we are inside; the purest way to read someone's mind. Everything else has become dependent on the code of a computer program that someone else created for you. This blog, for instance.


For you, teach, I will blog as often as I can. Most likely when I feel a touch of boredom or come across an interesting link or video in my internet odyssey. I won't be revealing to you too many personal details of myself, and, if I do, they will be shrouded most decidedly in some opinionated observation that I've made once more of who we are and what we've become.

Perhaps I'll end up revealing a lot about me in the end. Keep your wit sharp.

No comments: